Today, we will discuss step by step guide to install Ex2700 range extender using Genie user interface.
- Keep the extender and the router in the same room.
- The internet must be connected on the router and connect the extender to a power outlet.
- Connect the computer or wireless device to the web browser and open the Ex2700 link.
- If using a wired connection, then use Ethernet cable and if wireless, then look for wireless connection of extender.
- The device LED will blink when connected.
- Open browser, it will take you to the Netgear Ex2700 setup link automatically.
- If you don’t find Netgear Genie, then enter the default IP address manually.
- Enter the username and password. Type ‘User’ in the username and ‘Passkey’ in the password field.
- Another window will open, click to continue setup.
- Wait for the Netgear Genie to scan the network.
- All the available Wi-Fi networks will be displayed on the screen, select the range extender network and press ‘Ok’.
- Enter the password for the network and click ‘Continue’.
- The default SSID is the name of the extender and the password must be the same as that of the existing network.
- You will find a message that displays ‘The settings of your extender are now changed and you will have to connect the network again before moving ahead’.
- After connecting the wireless devices to the network, click ‘Finish’ to complete the installation.
This is all about the setup process for the Netgear Ex2700 extender. We hope you must have understood the steps and in case of any problem, you can contact experts.