The roof is the most important part of a house. Without it a house is incomplete. So it is very necessary to maintain and repair it. As there are different types of roofs so their repair will also be different. So, it becomes important to select the right residential roof repair.
When we talk about the types of residential rooftops, we can discuss the structure or roofing material. For instance, gable, cross gable, hip, and the flat are just a few examples of the roof structure.
Image Source: Google
Below are different types of residential roofing:
- Asphalt Roofing: Asphalt roofs are the most popular type of residential roofing because they are relatively inexpensive. They also provide great protection against severe weather conditions. Their age varies between 15 and 30 years, depending on the climate of your area. They are easy to maintain and repair.
- Wood Shake Roof: Wood shake roofs are very stylish. They have a life span of up to 50 years. It is costlier than asphalt roofing. Wood shakes are a popular choice for people who prefer the natural look. They are not fireproof.
- Metal Roofing: Metal roofs are professionally installed. They are very expensive. They require little maintenance and are very durable.
- Roof clay: Clay roofs are generally made of clay tiles with each other. These tiles are available in a variety of textures and colors.
- Slate Roofing: The slate roofing is the most expensive residential roofing material and offers somewhere around 30 years of age. The slate is very heavy. They are best suited in cold weather.
Before deciding, which roofing material you want for your home, talk with some professional and discuss what is most suitable for the structure of your roof, climate, and budget.